Friday 7 August 2009

Friday is Baking Day!!!

Every day would be baking day if I had my way but sadly I would have to spend every other minute of the day at the gym burning off the calories!

Today I made......
BRAN MUFFINS!!

Yummy! Sadly, having trouble loading the photos but you can actually see them being made on iPlayer, as I saw them on Economy Gastronomy (Wednesday at 8 on BBC 2). The recipe is on this website http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/database/carolsbranmuffins_91964.shtml

They're a lovely consistency and go very well with a cup of tea. But, as usual, I'm not totally happy with them (I am a bit of a perfectionist), so here are some modifications I would suggest:

1) More bananas!! The recipe says 2 but I reckon 3 or even 4 would be better, as they're just a little bit bland and you can't taste the bananas at all. They need a bit more just to give it that sugar hit.

2) More filling!! I only put sultanas in but I reckon walnuts (yummy) or/and even chocolate chips (super yummy) would make them even better.


3) I would actually suggest cutting the measurements in half. This recipe makes around 25 muffins, but muffins are bigger than cupcakes (not quite as big as this one thank goodness) and I have a LOT to get through... I'm sure I'll cope though!

......I have just been to the gym to balance it all out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment