Tuesday 25 August 2009

What I am using right now tag

I'm trying to limit my blogging because I have an awful lot of work to do at the moment but thought I would do this quick tag as an essay-writing break!

Shampoo: TRESemme Colour Thrive for blonde hair Shampoo. It was on offer in Boots MONTHS ago and I'm still on the same bottle!

Conditioner: (Somewhat predictively) TRESemme Colour Thrive for blonde hair Conditioner. Part of the same Boots offer. I find this brand to be really good value for money. My hair tends to go a bit dull at home because we have really hard water, but these products help to boost my colour and give me shine.


Styling Products: Label.m Sea Salt Spray. Easy! Just spray through your hair as you finish of your blow drying for a bed-head/day-at-the-beach look.

Shower Gel: Liz Earle Orange Flower Botanical Body Wash. Usually, I just use Radox or Imperial Leather but I got given this as a gift and it smells gorgeous!

Body Moisturiser: Because it's summer but the sun is lacking I'm using Garnier's Summer Body Moisturising Lotion. I am quite fair but find the light glow colour ineffective so I've recently opted for the 'Deep Sun-kissed Look' - I just don't put too much on.

Deodorant: Dove or Sure roll-on - as long as it does the job and smells nice I'm really not fussy!


Fake Tan: If I want more of a tan than the tinted body moisturiser gives me, I use the St Moriz mousse. I saw Lollipop26's blog about it and wanted to try it. Gloves are a MUST but I love it! Just as good as St Tropez but without the hefty price tag.

Cleanser: Liz Earle Cleanser with the muslin cloth to polish. See previous blog post for a review. I have been following the Liz Earle facial routine for about a month and I am still mightily impressed. Finally! A skincare routine which does not make me break out!

Exfoliator: Usually St Ives Apricot Scrub but on my last trip to get some they'd ran out so I opted for Aapri which is almost exactly the same, if not a little bit more grainy.

Primer: I don't use primer! Only an eye make-up primer which i only ever use if I've put foundation on (which isn't very often!) and it's the eye shadow base by GOSH.

Foundation Brush: Why use a brush when you have perfectly good working fingers! I find it much easier to blend properly using my hands. My foundation is Revlon Colorstay. It does what it says on the tin, all day. Amazing.

Concealer: Rimmel Blemish Stick for...blemishes (haha shock horror). I also found a really good alternative for Touche Eclare by Maxfactor called Master Touch. It's much cheaper and, despite the silly foam applicator, is a pretty good replacement.

Powder: There's a Maxfactor pressed powder on my shopping list right now!

Blusher: One of my FAVOURITE EVER products is Ruby and Millie's Face Gloss in the colour 'fire'. If ever I'm in too much of a rush to put on foundation, powder, blush, etc I just wack on some mascara and glide this product across my cheeks. It instantly brightens up your face giving you a really natural glow. Cheeky tip: Those £5 No7 colour cosmetic vouchers that you sometimes get given from Boots can be exchanged for Ruby and Millie discount - I always get a fresh glow stick with one of these!

Bronzer: Nothing I've tried ever comes close to Benefit's Hoola. Benefit knows this, hence the price tag... GRR!

Highlighter: I don't use one...probably should.

Eyeshadow Base: On top of my GOSH primer I usually put something really neutral on like the beige colour from my GOSH Fudge trio palette.

Eyeshadows: Usually I do a smoky eye with my Fudge trio, along with GOSH gold in the inner corner. For a more vampy look I'll use the shimmery glittery Bourjois 92 Gris Paillettes.

Eyeliner: I am an eyeliner addict. Usually I'll use Bourjois's Contour kohl in black on the bottom, smudged slightly and a thin, precise line of Rimmel's Exaggerate liquid eye liner in black on the top. I also love applying just mascara and a shocking line of Mac's LiquidLast Liner in 'aqualine' under the bottom lashes.
Curler: Nothing special. Just your run of the mill metal curler.

Mascara: For a daylook I use Revlon's Beyond Natural Mascara in Black Brown which separates and lengthens. Night out: Bourjois's Volume Clubbing Mascara in Ultra Black which makes your eyes look HUGE! For a bit of a fun look I'll use Rimmel's Extra Super Lash Mascara in Electric Blue. I get loads of compliments wearing this one.

Lipstick: Never!!

Lipgloss: In the day I use Vaseline. At night, a Lipgloss Tube by No7 (the name has rubbed off - it's lasted so long!!) - I think the colour is something like Candy. It stays on for longer than any other gloss I've ever tried. I'll find out the name as I would highly recommend!

Nail Colour: Two favourites at the moment. 'Black Taxi' by Nails Inc - unfortunately has gone a little gloopy so I add a bit of polish remover to it before I use it. Natural Collection's 'Antique Coral' (i THINK this is the name - why do all the labels rub off?!). This is amazing value for money! Such a pretty colour and long-lasting!

No comments:

Post a Comment