Wednesday 5 August 2009

Liz Earle Skincare Routine

Ok, I know, I'm still banging on about LK Bennett... but this post is only loosely connected! As a thank you gift for working for free last week and being super tidier and general dogsbody, the lovely Press Office people gave me a gift bag packed with Liz Earle goodies!! They're good size bottles too (as opposed to minatures you usually get with sample packs), so tonight saw the debut of my daily skincare routine for the next few weeks! If they really impress me, I may invest in some more products when they run out...

1) Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser (came with muslin cloth)
By far, my favourite of the three products. This really appealed to me because I prefer cleansers that are applied to dry skin - you can do it civilised in front of a mirror without getting water all over your clothes! This product felt very soft on my skin. Will be interesting to see whether it actually removes makeup as it says it does (I wasn't wearing any today). You don't need a lot of it either so hopefully it'll last for a while!
2) Instant Boost Skin Tonic
That's a toner to me and you. I don't really believe in toners, but this was fine. Simply apply to cotton bud and sweep over face and neck after cleansing. My skin didn't feel tight afterwards, it dried quickly and it was light on my skin. Tick, tick, tick.
3) Skin Repair Moisturiser

Again, a little bit of this went a long way and it feels light on my skin. I am in the middle of a break-out at the moment but this hasn't caused any irritation and I feel that my skin is breathing and recovering (fingers crossed!!).

So there we are! Only time will tell whether this routine will work for my skin, but I'm impressed so far. After looking at the Liz Earle website (http://uk.lizearle.com/ - all photos in this post from this URL) it seems that the range is not as pricey as I originally thought. Also, all the ingredients are high quality and mostly natural. They have vitamins packed into every little bottle and no perfumes or additives. Simple, gentle products. I like! :D

1 comment:

  1. I really like your blog sweetheart, i'm following it now :) it would mean a lot if you could check out mine! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete